If you’re interested in obtaining the many health benefits of medical marijuana, you’ll need to see a certified medical marijuana physician who can assess your condition and help you on your path to wellness.
Medical marijuana, aka medical cannabis is legal in Florida for those with qualifying medical conditions, and your certified physician can provide you with a medical marijuana card that you can use at licensed dispensaries.
What Are Some of the Qualifying Conditions for Medical marijuana?
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Chronic Pain (Nonmalignant)
- Crohn's Diseases
- Terminal Condition
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's Diseases
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
You'll be asked to provide documentation of your symptoms and treatment plan to your certified physician, who will then make recommendations for a medical cannabis-based treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) Regarding Medical Cannabis Card
Physicians must be certified to recommend medical cannabis. If your primary care physician is not certified, they can refer you to a specialist who is.
If you’re experiencing chronic pain and/or neurological issues, or if you have a chronic health condition, it’s worth mentioning to your doctor that you need help managing the symptoms and you’re interested in medical cannabis. Ask if they’re certified, and if not, if they could refer you to someone who is.
Only a certified medical marijuana physician can recommend medical cannabis products, so it’s recommended that you establish a relationship with your provider for all your medical marijuana needs.
Once you’ve been accepted into the Florida Medical Marijuana Use Registry, you can order from any dispensary in the state and don’t need to pay the application fee again. However, to change the doctor on your card, you’ll have to pay the costs of the initial consultation, as well as any followup visits.
As the popularity of medical cannabis grows and more dispensaries open in the state, more Florida doctors are becoming certified. In time, it’s possible that your physician may be to handle all your medical cannabis needs.
The Process to Get Your Medical Cannabis Card
We are here to guide you through the process of getting your medical marijuana card.
We find that patients have a wide range of questions regarding medical marijuana. The most frequent questions we get is "What is the process to get your medical marijuana card?" so we put together Dr. James Faremouth Guide To Obtaining Your Medical Marijuana Card.
- Establish a relationship with Green Balance Health and Wellness to get Certified by Dr. James Faremouth.
- Download and complete forms prior to your appointment.
- Please provide a medical document from your physician, ONLY with your qualifying condition(s).
- Get certified by Green Balance Health and Wellness for your qualifying condition.
- Green Balance Health and Wellness will enter your email address into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry to start enrollment.
- If you have a caregiver both parties will need to be present.
- Complete the online application once you have your login.
- More info form: Compassionate Use Registry Identification Card Application
- You can be issued a temporary certification until you receive your Florida Medical Marijuana Card in the mail.
- Get recommendations from Dr. James Faremouth and order your medical cannabis products from dispensaries.
New Patients Process
Our company is a private practice now providing evaluations for eligible patients seeking to use low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis under the Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act of 2014. Dr. J. Faremouth offers patients a naturally therapeutic alternative to conventional methods of therapy that have failed to treat or alleviate their current debilitating medical condition(s) or ailment(s).
We would need you to bring the following to your appointment:
- A valid Florida Driver's license or I.D., and/or seasonal proof of residency.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- A copy of Medical Records in which you may bring to your appointment or have your primary physician fax to (239)307-4887, Attention to Dr. J. Faremouth.
- Social Security number
- Current medication list
Initial Certification: $200
Initial Certification including smokable flower: $300
Recertification 210 Day (State Mandated): $100
NOTE: We do not require a 70 day recertification.
We accept Cash, Credit and Checks
We ask that you come 15 minutes early of your scheduled appointment to complete the paperwork.